12826847

What does uk law state is considered a 19 year old leaving

Customer Question

What does uk law state is considered a 19 year old leaving the family home to reside elsewhere. For example, is it considered they have left home when they pack a suitcase, or put it in writing, or they do have to give written or verbal notice etc to their parents?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Can you explain your situation a bit more please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A friend was asked this question this week to do with bedroom tax I believe... So they need to know if for example their daughter is sleeping over a 2 or 3 nights a week at a friends if the law considers she has left home permanently even if she still comes home to eat and still socialise with her family. Her daughter will "hopefully" be starting university next week, and is not claiming any job-seekers during the meantime.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I am going to opt out of this for another
expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another
expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.