75100385

We have tried everywhere to find out if Brothers of the Third

Customer Question

We have tried everywhere to find out if Brothers of the Third Wheel have coptrights of patches they wear on their backs and got no where.
Can someone please tell us ?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

I can tell you as per our last chat they do in the UK for the logo only

JACUSTOMER-u4gixn3z- : Can we copyright patches. ? If we can , will we own the patch. ?
Alex Watts :

The patch yes, but you would need to contact the copyright owner to use the logo in the UK.

JACUSTOMER-u4gixn3z- : We pay USA membership money but as we are getting bigger in the UK , we would like to pay to our association and more monies a year will go to various Charities.
Alex Watts :

Yes you can do this as long as you contact the copyright owner and get permission to use the logo in the UK, if you do then these is no issue.

JACUSTOMER-u4gixn3z- : Sorry about this but i seem to have lost some of your i formation.1) we can own the patch with getting it copyright. 2) do not understand about Logo. Thought the patch was Logo. 3) who will be able to wear the patch as we only want BTW members to wear it ? 4)
JACUSTOMER-u4gixn3z- : We do not know who is the copyright owner of the Logo, we tried to no avail.
Alex Watts :

This shows you the logo subject to trademark and indeed who owns it.

Alex Watts :

If you want to use a patch that is ok.

Alex Watts :

If you want to use the logo on the patch in the UK you need permission.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex

JACUSTOMER-u4gixn3z- : Yes please could you tell me who has the copyright of the Logo
Alex Watts :

If you click on the link you will see but it is: Manuela HeldMühlenweg 3, Rhaunen, Germany, 55624