Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

My old ltd company registered address was my home address.

Customer Question

My old ltd company registered address was my home address. Can a bailiff take private goods not owned by the company?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.

The short answer to your question is no the bailiff cannot take goods that do not belong to the company. You do not have to admit the bailiff to your house although if you have already let them in it is too late. You may need to produce evidence of the ownership of the property in the house. If you have receipts or purchase agreements etc as evidence it helps. If the bailiffs are representing a county court judgement creditor they are often more easily put off than high court sheriffs who are quite forceful in their approach.