12826847

I rent a chair in a salon,we dont have a contract other than

Customer Question

I rent a chair in a salon,we dont have a contract other than a verbal one.
the owner has just told me by text message that my rent has been put up as of last sunday by £100,
Is this legal, is there anything i can do about this

Alex Watts : Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Did the owner ever agree to a fixed term please a.
Alex Watts : Note I am on and offline today
JACUSTOMER-8600uktd- :

thank you for your time, it was important i had an answer as quickly as possible, so i have contacted citizens advice directly.

Alex Watts : Yes I understand. Have you ever had an agreement in terms of mechanism for rent pleaseZ.