12826847

My brother and I are both executors of my late mothers estate.

Customer Question

My brother and I are both executors of my late mother's estate. i suspect the solicitor dealing our estate is fraudulent. I have asked for a copy of the file, the solicitor has denied me. Informing me i have to have my brother's permission. Is this true? i cannot believe anything the solicitor tells me.
Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does your brother agree with your concerns?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, but he is only interested in getting the money from the sale of the house. He says we should tackle the solicitor after the sale. i feel by then it will be too late. i do not even know if my brother has denied the file, the solicitor has lied before. My brother is not speaking to me and i am left to sort it out...

Hi Gillian
May I ask what you think the Solicitor has done wrong?
Claire