Hi, can you please help me with my problem. I paid a lot of

Customer Question

Hi, can you please help me with my problem. I paid a lot of money to the solicitors for a business problem, Finally I won my case nearly .. years ago. The defendant has avoided to pay it back. I got another solicitors and paid roughly another £ 2000 without any result. I spoke with different solicitors about different available enforcement action against the defendant, but all solicitors were agreed with there is low chance to cover my money. the defendant has no property with her name and no regular job. sometimes got Job Seeker allowance, and then working as part time. She moved her house regularly and changed the jobs. My solicitor advised me for statuary demand and bankruptcy but all will make extra money. How much will be cost only statuary demand?

I also read an article about debt relief option by Government Backed Schemes for debet' people?
Is that fair??? I paid a lot money what is my right??

Customers R

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

A statutory demand is not hugely costly per se. Generally speaking it costs about £700 or thereabouts although it does depend on the sum of the debt.

If you have won before a Court then there is no real dispute that this person does owe the money and I presume it is for a reasonable amount so this would be appropriate use of a statutory demand.

The risk though is that she will just go bankrupt thereby writing off your debt unfortunately.

Debt relief options do not generally apply to court debt. That relates to consumer debt.

Of course, it isn't fair. However, the plain fact is that its one thing to get judgment against a person and another to get the money I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

I'm sorry Jo, Unfortunately I am not satisfied with my answer. What you advised, that is in website. Other solicitors told me about the price, just wanted to know how much was different.

Sorry but if you are displeased at this stage then I will be opting out.

All the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

Yes I decide to leave. Bye

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?