Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

On thursday my boss sent me an e-mail asking to see me. When

Customer Question

On thursday my boss sent me an e-mail asking to see me. When i met with him he produced a letter whci stated that my job was being put a risk of redundancy. He then asked me to see him on Friday for further discussions. I was very upset when I got home from work and needed to speak to someone. My uncle is a barrister so i called him up and told him what was going on. His wife works in the same company as me and i suspect he may have told her as well. The next day i was given a written warning by my boss for breaching confidentiality becuase he heard that some people at work new i that my job was being put at risk of redundacy.
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.

taratill : Hello and welcome to Just Answer, how long have you worked ther for and what would you like to know about this?
JACUSTOMER-b12ztyal- : I have worked there for 19 months. I want to know if it is a breach of confidentiality to discuss my at risk situation with a relative.
taratill :

had you been specifically told not to discuss it with anyone?

JACUSTOMER-b12ztyal- : Yes but i need to get legal advice
JACUSTOMER-b12ztyal- : Yes but i needed to get legal advice
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.