75100385

I recently had installed double glazed windows doors etc.

Customer Question

I recently had installed double glazed windows doors etc. the front windows and 2doors installed about 18 months ago. Recently I had the front door side panels and small window added. The frame of door, side panel and small window is fine, but the door doesn't match. They were all in golden oak but the front door is like a cheap imitation wood. I have paid for the door frame, window etc but not the actual front door as I have disputed this for several weeks now. Various letters emails have been ongoing but company insist I have got what I ordered. I did obviously sign a contract but am in dispute regarding this door and have been from the day it was installed. Where do I stand legally regarding this.
Expert:  Vincent2013 replied 4 years ago.

Vincent2013 :

Hi thanks very much for your question. My name's XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with it.

Vincent2013 :

Can I please ask when you contracted with the company to provide the door, door frame and side panels, were you shown samples of photos of the colours? Were you warned about different materials being used for the frames and door and/or were you warned about the colour matching of different materials? Finally, is there anything in the written terms regarding colour matching?

JACUSTOMER-s86jhauu- : No I wasn't shown samples, I went to the showroom several times. I have commented to the man director that I wasn't told the door wouldn't match. No there is no mention of colour match. The director is saying that the back door and personal door to garage are different material. I was shown the catalogue of doors and chose my style, I was never told it would m
Vincent2013 :

Did you choose the front door, frame and side panels all at the same time and how was the colour chosen and agreed?

Vincent2013 :

Hi, I can see that you have rated bad service. I appreciate that questions can be frustrating but they are important as they would have allowed me to assess your rights (including under the relevant legislation). It's important to establish precisely what was agreed, when and in relation to which products to identify any implied or express terms. These facts are not 100% clear from your question. There are also rules relating to sale by description and sale by sample which have certain limitations depending on the issue (for instance colour or quality). I am sorry that you were displeased with the service and so I will opt out.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

I see the expert has opted out - what else is it you are wishing to know please?