75100385

i lived in my mother , council flat since her death,the council

Customer Question

i lived in my mother , council flat since her death,the council say i am not allowed to
take over the tenancy,because the prof i lived there for over a year were not acceptable,
since mums passing i have stayed in the flat,for over three months paying no rent, as her payment card was for her,and the council have not sent a letter to the address.
but they did send me a council tax draft in my name as the new tenant.with the
final payment may next year

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

How long were you in the property before she died? If so how can you prove this?