Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Good MorningI wish to seek advise about my employment status,

Customer Question

Good Morning

I wish to seek advise about my employment status, I have been engaged through an employment agency providing a service to the same employer for the last five years. I would like to clarify what the legal position is regarding my employment status and what rights are afforded to this status.

I would be grateful for an answer from a specialist in employment law.

Regards Jon.
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.

taratill :

Hello Jon, can you tell me a bit more about your employment. Are you treated in the same way as the permanent employees of the 'employer' and are you subject to the same disciplinary and grievance procedures?

JACUSTOMER-2doxz67t- :

Hi Tara,

JACUSTOMER-2doxz67t- :

I would assume that I would be subject to the same disciplinary / grievance procedures as my employed colleagues, but this has never been discussed. The only comparison I can give is that I am awarded the same Christmas bonus and attend away days and team events with recognised employees.

JACUSTOMER-2doxz67t- :

I do not consider this level of service satisfactory, I specifically asked for a specialist in employment law at 8.30 this morning and am still awaiting a response, hence the rating.Please would you assign this question to an employment specialist.

taratill :

Hello I am an employment specialist and all of the lawyers on here also work, I picked up your query this morning and asked a question and have been in a meeting since. Please let me know if you would like me to continue with this?