13262538

My brother recently died in mysterious circumstances in Cambodia.

Customer Question

My brother recently died in mysterious circumstances in Cambodia. His body was hidden for a number of weeks. If have the death certificate can i get a bank statement from his bank to see if any money was removed or withdrawn after his presumed time of death?
Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you.
Is there a Will and if so who is named as Executor?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the solicitor is the executor - I am just next of kin. i only wish to see the bank statement for the period of death.

I am afraid that only the Executor - or the Police - is entitled to that information.
If the Police do not request it then I am afraid that the Solicitor is correct - you are not entitled to have access to that information - although I will be honest and say that I cannot see why they will not assist on this point
I appreciate that this is disappointing - please ask if you need further details
Claire