Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

if you sign a tenancy agreement , are you allowed so many days

Customer Question

if you sign a tenancy agreement , are you allowed so many days to cancel
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

What type of contract do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

6 month fixed term

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I'm afraid that there is no right to cancel tenancy agreement once you have entered into it.

If you let me know the circumstances, I can probably explain further.