I defaulted on my car which i wasnt aware of as never recieved

Customer Question

I defaulted on my car which i wasnt aware of as never recieved any correspondance to say i had, first I heard was when baliffs turn up to repo my car, i paid the balance outstanding and the repo fee to abort it, and i still have the car and up to date with payments yet its on my credit report as teminated unsatifactory which has now stopped me from getting a morgage is there anything i can do ? as i never recieved any correspondance even now they saying i should have recieved a letter but i haven't no phone calls either the date the dd should have gone out there was money in the account for it before this my credit was good its now gone to poor ?/

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for Jo C .

I have a car with finance company and apparently defaulted payment twice on the account, I never recieved any correspondance to say that i had defaulted on the account, the car company then sent a baliff to reposess the car whilst I was out of the country. It was only when i came back into the county that my neighbour had told me somebody has knocked and was asking them questions. when i phoned the company they told me i had defaulted on the account i told them i hadnt recieved any letters and which still to this date no recieved, she said if i paid the outstanding balance of £ 359 plus cancellation fee of 120 i could keep the car, which i did even though it was the first, after looing into my account there was no attempt to even take the money by dd on the date it should have gone. i have checked credit report and it is now poor, due this default on my account which there saying is right, my credit before this was good and im uptodate with the car and still have the car what can i do to get this removed from my report as it will last 6 years ?

Did you default upon payments?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I apparently did but first i heard as far as i was concerned the paymenmts were all up to date etc and money going out of my account

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I have been asked to look at this. Are you saying that you did make all of the payments in good time?

Why were payments not made? Can we have full background detail please?

Can you pay arrears off?