Hi, I have ordered a handknotted rug that has arrived with

Customer Question

Hi, I have ordered a handknotted rug that has arrived with different colours. The company who did the rug claims its still beautiful. I need to sue them for a full refund. who do I best contact

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is this not what you ordered?

If so, are they UK based?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are based in France.

the scale of patterns of the rug is correct but the colours are not

Do they accept that they gave you the wrong order ?

Or are they disputing that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are disputing it.

To verify more details and just checking that I dont waste your time:

I am a uk based ltd interiors business

my client is in Austria

the rug she ordered, she saw on a newspaper

I contacted the french company and was put in contact with their english agent

the client wanted to receive an image produced of the rug onto the floorplan of the room and a real sample to be able to approve the rug

the image on the flooplan was completely different in colours and was missing the background blue. when asking back then, they explained and wrote in an email that the image was jsut to show the scale of the rug and its pattern and not representing colours. I should therefore not be alarmed.

The real sample my client received does show clearly the background colour.

As my client was unhappy with the image produced on to the floor plan, and the company was unable to reproduce another image- I organised someone to jsut copy it to the floor.

We now had 2 images: 1 true to the scale and 1 true to the colours plus the real sample.

I ordered the rug on the basis that the colours would be truthful to the original rug, hence the image of the catalogue and the real sample they have sent.

I have all email contact. Despite the proof of emails, they claim that the image they produced was not representative of colours and therefore the blue is ok to be missing...

I realise that I have to go to see a lawyer maybe. but I have no clue where to turn to.

Thank you for your help.

Did you pay by credit card by any chance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no-the invoice was made out to my client and they paid via bank transfer I believe. I invoiced the french company then my commission fee.

Im trying to find you somebody who can help as there are clearly cross jurisdictional issues here.