75100385

I was asked to attend a course i worked the previous night

Customer Question

I was asked to attend a course i worked the previous night from 10-6; and then attend the course with 2 hours sleep.

During the course I asked a simple question to use the bath room as i was very tried and feeling sick; however my request was denied by the teacher, who shouted at me no you can,t use the bath.
This resulted in me vomitting on my clothes and everywhere.

Do i have a case against the company providing the course in conflict manager i was very traumised when he said that to me.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : How old are you please?
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

51 year i am a duty manager of a hotel

JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

hi again

Alex Watts : Hello
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

hi there

Alex Watts : I am on the train so might be on and offline
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

okay

Alex Watts : What loss have you suffered, why did you just not walk out and go to the loss and do you have any history of trauma please?
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

no never symptons due to food posioning

Alex Watts : What loss have you suffered as a result please
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

I told later i could use bath room, which was too late as i didn't reach it in time- as i had to wait until role play was finished- he assumed I was trying to get out of it.

Alex Watts : Yes I understand. What loss have you suffered and what value would you put on it pleaseZ
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

It was very embrassing walking throught the hotel to go home; people seeking me in that state.

Alex Watts : Yes I understand. How much are you hoping to claim?
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

I don't know really - where do i stand with this

Alex Watts : I think you do have a claim against the course provider as you were not treated with respect. Therefore I think you would be ale to make a claim. Had it not been for them stopping you, you could have made it to the loo. But I think any claim would only be about £50 or so. It would not be of very high value because they did not cause the vomiting and you suffered no injury. So a modest sum of around £50 would be the most.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Alex Watts : I understand this would have been very embarrassing for you hope that you can move on with this.
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

really but it is difficult to face work now

JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

I had to take the first day off for sick leave

Alex Watts : Yes I understand but if you ate something bad you would have needed to take the day off anyway.
Alex Watts : i really do think your claim is limited. It would not be more then £50 maybe even £100 at the very most. I am sorry. Alex
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

even if i lost control of all my bodily fluids

Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : To give you an idea someone who is injured in a car accident and gets whiplash would only get £500 and that is injury.
JACUSTOMER-8sblcfjt- :

yes, thank you but been an Manager it's very difficult to face my staff now

Alex Watts : I can understand, if this answers your question might I invite you to rate my service today, hopefully I had been excellent. Remember you are rating my service and not whether or not it was the answer you wanted. If you need more information please click reply. Alex