Ive separated from my partner of 9 years. We have 2 children

Customer Question

I've separated from my partner of 9 years. We have 2 children aged 5 and 7 who remain in the family home with their mother. I left the home 3 months ago as the relationship with my ex had become intolerable. I have two questions;

1. What acces can I expect to have to my children? We had agreed that I should see them exery other weekend, but my ex is making changes to this without consultation and at short notice.

2. The family home (jointly owned, with me paying all the bills) has a completely seperate annex (previously used as a holiday let). Is it reasonable for me to be able to live in the annex so I am close to my children?

Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact have you actually had in the last three months
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Claire,

I've had regular contact with the children over the past 3 months, seeing them typically every other weekend (with the exception of when they were on holiday with their mum). I've asked a number of times to see the children more regularly, but have been told that this isn't realistic, and in fact have been told that for the next two weekends I'm due to have them that I can only do so for one night.

The property is worth approximately £750k with £530k mortgage outstanding. I have an overdraft (as a result of trying to fund my own accommodation plus paying bills for the family home) of around £4000. I don't know whether my ex has any debt, but suspect the has some outstanding credit cards, perhaps another £5000. There are no other shared assets.

Kind regards,

How much would a three bedroom property in the same general area cost?
Are you able to have the children overnight - and would it be realistic for you to have mid week contact?