29905560

I have just renewed mine and my

Customer Question

I have just renewed mine and my wife's passports for which I was charged to my credit card account the sum of £139.00 My concern was that the accompanying check sheet asked for payment to be sent with the passport requests. On querying this point with the ISP department I then discovered that I hadn't actually paid for the passports, only for a service to check them for accuracy, a service the Post Office provides for around £10.00 I have replied to their email to me, stating that I had no need of the service and therefore requested a full refund. This has not been forthcoming. As I can find no option to add an attachment, I give the web site that I used so that you may view it. DANGEROUS URL REMOVED/apply-now-ghp Not sure if you will be able to help me but it doesn't seem wright the I am now faced with effectively having to pay twice. This particular web site did not highlight the point that I was going to have to pay £145.00 to IPS in addition, any comment on this issue was to be found right at the bottom of the page after scrolling down. Regards XXXXX XXXXX XXX [email protected]

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Unfortunately I can see no link in your question, can you please try posting it again

JACUSTOMER-1onsvibs- :

I am not sure what you require from me!

Ben Jones :

you said that you have given the website you used so we can view it but there is no link to such a website in your original question

JACUSTOMER-1onsvibs- :

The web site is :- DANGEROUS URL REMOVED/apply-now-ghp

Ben Jones :

for some reason it is being blocked because it is being identified as a dangerous web address. What is the name of the company, maybe I can search for it

JACUSTOMER-1onsvibs- :

I have copied and pasted the address from the site it is opening for me

Ben Jones :

ok I have it now, let me take a look

Ben Jones :

The website provides sufficient information about the services they provide, for example on the Our Service page they state:

"Our service does not replace nor reduce the fees which you must pay in order to obtain a passport"

"We are a private company offering a check and send service and you should be aware that this service is available free online at www.passports.ips.gov.uk or by calling the IPS Passport Advice line"

In fact on their home page, the first thing you see says:

"Our online service provides a checking and application service, taking the stress out of your passport application. A similar checking service can be obtained from a Post Office at a reduced fee or you can apply without a checking service where there will be no checking fee payable."

In addition, their terms of service say:

"12.8 WHO4 does not issue passports. We provide an advisory service by checking and forwarding your application on your behalf to the issuing authorities and bodies and we charge a fee for our service."

I really cannot see how you were misled into believing that you are paying the IPS for their fees to issue a passport. What services you were paying for and what you would have received for the money you paid were clearly stated on the website at various places.

Ben Jones :

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you wanted to hear but I hope you understand I have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands and sometimes this does unfortunately mean delivering bad news. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

JACUSTOMER-1onsvibs- : Not at all satisfied with your reply. It simply a way of conning money from unsuspecting people. I will no. Be
JACUSTOMER-1onsvibs- : Not T all satisfied with your answer. It is just a way of conning money from people. I wll not be pleased if I have to pay for this info!
JACUSTOMER-1onsvibs- : Not at all pleased with your answer just a way of conning money from people.I will not be pleased if I am charged for this info.
Ben Jones :

I am sorry but I cannot lie and make up an answer just to make you feel like you have a way to pursue this further, it is unethical and unprofessional. I have given you my advice and I am sorry if it is not what you wanted to hear but there is little I can do to change that

Ben Jones :

the information on what services you got from the passport company is very clearly stated ALL OVER their website, they have been completely honest on several occasions that you can get the services they offer for free elsewhere, they have not lied or tried to mislead you at any point, everything about their services is stated as soon as you visit their website and on a number of different pages on there