12826847

My husband and I have separated and are looking at getting

Customer Question

My husband and I have separated and are looking at getting a divorce. We joint own our house and have two children aged 3yrs and 2yrs old. I work part time in a flexible hours job so i can look after the children mainly and he works full time office hours Mon-fri! We have a nanny who looks after them when we are both working.
He wants me to be the one to move out and leave the children with him which I've said is not possible. We bought our house at 210,000 and it is now worth 339,950 and the mortgage left to pay is 150,000. He wants to buy me out with 30,000 now and then 30,000 in two years time and wants joint custody of the children. he is never around to pick them up or take them to school as his job is not flexible like mine. Can you tell me legally where I stand with everything if I was to let the courts decide as he is being very unreasonable and I am confused as to what to do next? Look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much would a three bedroom property in the same general area?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Claire
The house prices around here vary from around 250,000-450,000.
No other debts and husband has money in land in Cyprus and a few savings which I don't know too much about until recently.

Husband earns about 45-50,000 pa
I earn a 13,879 basic pay and earn allowances on top of that of about 600-1100 a month but it varies as I am cabin crew so changes month to month depending on destinations I go to.
Hope this helps.
Charlene

Will you be able to cope with your job of you are a single parent?
Claire