12826847

Out of the blue , I have received an enforcement notice from

Customer Question

Out of the blue , I have received an enforcement notice from Transport for London. All it indicates is that I must pay £130.00 penalty charge. If I do nit do this within the specified time, then it will be increased to £195.00.
The given location for this incident is Kidbrooke Park Road and the date and time given is 12/08/13 at 24.14hrs.
I was not in London. I try to steer clear of such places.
Add to that the fact that I have recently had a removal of a cataract from my right eye and driving at day time in my local ares is bad enough. Until my sight is a lot better night driving is a no no.
I do know who may have been driving my car, either a friend fem Malta of her friend, an American serviceman from Germany. Help!

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

how can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry but I'm afraid it doesn't matter who was driving. This is a TFL fine. Unfortunately they run against the registered keeper not the driver. I have to say that I don't know what the justification for that is but its the position I'm afraid.

If your car was in the congestion charging zone then you are liable as the registered keeper.

Its for this reason that you haven't had a S172 form I'm afraid demanding the identity of the driver.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C

does that mean I must 'just pay up'? I was under the impression that TFL ( or any other enforcement agency) sent a photograph of the offending vehicle at the alleged time of the transgression?

As I have indicated, this has not happened.

I will of course send details to TFL of who may have been driving but without taking advice I'm not sure if the fact that TFL failed to send me photographic evidence. The alleged transgression was a bus lane in Kidbrooke Park Road that, from looking at Google Earth is all of 25 yards long and on looking at street view seems to have been constructed just to raise revenue.

Reading the forums, it seems that this bus lane is what is termed as a nice little earner. for TFL

It doesn't matter who was driving. There isn't any point in sending them the identity of the driver. Their claim is against the registered keeper.

You are entitled to sight of the photographs that put your vehicle in a bus lane but you should be aware that the fines will rack up if you contest this and lose. The fines do not stop increasing because they fail to disclose evidence I'm afraid.