75100385

Hi bought a used van engine had it fitted and it was no good

Customer Question

Hi bought a used van engine had it fitted and it was no good they said they would replace the engine but who pays for the refitting?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Was it from a dealer or private buyer please?
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Dealer
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Dealer with 60 day warranty
Alex Watts : Did you just purchase the engine or the fitting as well please?
Alex Watts : When you purchased the engine did you not test it? If not how long after fitting did you realise it was faulty please?
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Engine only but he said it was working. How can you test an engine - garage fitted it within three days took it for a run then said it was no good chucking out oil so we rang the supplier straight away still waiting for him to come back to us.
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Did you get my reply hit reply then text disappeared sorry using a new tablet and not really sure if I know what I'm doing??
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : OK can see it now :)
Alex Watts : Ok, I am just on the train so give me 5 mins or so to type my answer.
Alex Watts : How did you pay for the engine?
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Credit card he said he would refund money or replace engine. We want replacement but don't feel we should have to pay again to refit new engine
Alex Watts : How old is the engine please?
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Not sure.
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Got to go out now be in touch later
Alex Watts : Ok. Could you give me an idea later on please when you get time?
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Anymore info
JACUSTOMER-aqf47y9u- : Don't know does this make a difference he sold us a working engine with guarantee