Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I work at a local farm shop for one day per week - 8.30am -

Customer Question

I work at a local farm shop for one day per week - 8.30am - 5.00pm for minimum wage. Last Thursday I was locked in the toilet overnight due to a faulty lock. The owners had been aware of the problem as previously other had been stuck there. I was in there from 5.00 until 7.00 the following morning when the staff came in. This is despite my car being there and the fact that they know I live alone and am a pensioner.
I have spoken to a couplde of lawyers but they don't seem to think there is anything I can do.
The more I think about it the more I realise what could have happened - the staff and local community are all horrified.
My phone number is XXXXX 897393if that helps
Barbay=ra
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hello and welcome to Just Answer, how long have you worked there for?
JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

About 3 years

taratill : Hi Barbara what has your employer said about this?
JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

Not much!! Bernie (wife) said that she thought my car had broken down and I had walked home, that she had tried to ring my home but it was engaged but hadn't tried my mobile. Told me she didn't know about the lock as she didn't use that toilet. But she did!! Blaming everyone else. Came round with a bunch of cheap flowers on Sat but nothing since. And nothing from Roger (husband)

JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

I have to go in about 5 mins, can I continue later?

taratill : Yes let,me know when you are back.
JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

May be tomorrow - is that ok and how do I get back to you?

taratill : Just respond to this link,
JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

How do I do that?

taratill :

Hello Barbara would you still like help with this?

JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

Yes please, had to rush off yesterday - sorry

taratill :

were you able to call from your mobile or a shop phone to let them know you were locked in?

JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

As i was locked in I obviously couldn't use the shop phone and my mobile was in the cloakroom which they would have seen if they had checked before leaving the building

JACUSTOMER-i0m9rw1z- :

Please will you cancel my subscription, Obviously not working for me

taratill :

Hi I was offline I am happy to continue helping with this but you must appreciate that we are all working lawyers and are therefore not online constantly.