12826847

I have a bamboo hedge. My neighbour has complained about it

Customer Question

I have a bamboo hedge. My neighbour has complained about it to me and her gas maintenance fitter has told her the roots of my bamboo could be interfering with her gas main and has cut off her gas. I am advised that gas mains are required to go to 750 m/m below ground level and that bamboo is indicated as a grass and its roots go to about 200 to 300 M/M below ground level and will not affect drains and pipes if the drains and pipes are in good condition. I am also advised that bamboo cannot be used in a dispute or under the ANTO SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR ORDERS. Could you please advise me.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Do you have a specific question please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already stated my reason for contact with you and I have no further question. If you have any questions please ask me now.