12826847

I got divorced in 2005 a written agreement was drawn up & agreed

Customer Question

I got divorced in 2005 a written agreement was drawn up & agreed between ourselves,witnessed&signed,my ex wife is now threatening to contest everything previously agreed where do I stand?
Thank you for your question
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
I assume that this was never turned into a Court Order?
Has your ex remarried and what is she now asking for?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi,no there was no court order but the agreement was presented at the divorce court,the agreement was signed & witnessed by friends,from both sides,the ex has not remarried & I currently pay maintainence for the one dependant child who is nearly 18.she is now,saying that she will pursue a claim on my pension that I accrued whilst we were married,other assets I have accrued since the divorce and also intimated that she will attempt to claim assets of my wife as I have since recently remarried,i separated in 2001

Dave

What financial agreement was actually made?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took a small amount of the equity of the marital home & signed the property to her,she had her own business, small pension & investments,which I assigned to her stating I would not make any claim on those or subsequent businesses/investments she made,i would keep all my pension entitlements,investments & any subsequent monies made from when we separated in 2001,

I took less than what I was entitled to out of the house so that the children would not be disrupted