Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi i was just wondering is it right for a lawyer to take a

Customer Question

Hi i was just wondering is it right for a lawyer to take a 45 percent of my inheritance money i recently recieved a large some of 7 and a half million pounds but the lawyer that dealt with my case from abroad wants to come to the uk and claim at least 45 percent of it that to me sounds pretty steep to me what do you think i should do
From rebekah
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi Rebekah,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Could you please confirm on what basis the lawyer is claiming this percentage?

Whose Estate have you inherited and in which country?

I look forward to hearing from you.

AL

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi i got this from my cousin in west africa the lawyer said he wanted it for his charities

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to ask, but are you sure you have indeed inherited this money and it is all above aboard? (No Solicitor is entitled to charge such a large percentage when dealing with an Estate, unless he is a beneficiary)!

AL