75100385

due to heavy traffic I was half way across a railway line when

Customer Question

due to heavy traffic I was half way across a railway line when the warning bells started and the barrier gate came down and I got stuck the wrong side but was fortunate to be able to contact the railway operator who lifted the barrier before the train cane along - will I be prosecuted for this and should I have informed the police or will the train company do this

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Why did you enter the box junction before it was clear the other side please?

JACUSTOMER-vf03vw92- :

the traffic was very heavy and a huge lorry going the other way was trying to pass me so I slowed down to let it pass and then carried on driving over the railway crossing but halfway along the warning bells commenced and the barrier gates came down so I drove off the railway line and near to the barrier gate as [possible in the hope there would be a sensor to let them know I had not been able to get across quickly enough

Alex Watts :

Yes but if there is a junction box you have to make sure the exit is clear before you enter - did that not apply here please?