75100385

I have rented a property since Aug 2011. In aug 2012, the

Customer Question

I have rented a property since Aug 2011. In aug 2012, the contract expired and the landlord wanted an increase which I declined. No new contract was created. According to other legal advice, rolling contract existed, although no written one was drafted. After two years, the landlord wanted an increase again and i declined again. He then gave me notice to vacate the property by 16 November 2013. I have found another property which I like but then need me to start the tenancy by 1st November, 15 days before my vacation of my current property.

Can i start my new tenancy on 1st november and disregard the current landlord request for me to stay until 16 november on the grounds that I do not have a formal written contract in place

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Did you ever sign a new agreement? If not what is your rental due date please?

Expert:  hollie-cssm replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/80tvb-rented-property-aug-2011-aug-2012.html). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Customer Support Team.