I have been told that some London Boroughs do not allow pr

Customer Question

I have been told that some London Boroughs do not 'allow' property to be let as 'holiday lets'. Is this true and how can I find out more?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

Do you mean freehold/leasehold, rented or council properties?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are considering buying a 1-bed flat in London (were hoping to find somewhere around Tower Bridge on south bank). We wanted to use it ourselves for trips up to London (plus our grown up children on occasion) and also let it for holiday rentals through a property management company. I have been told today that a number of boroughs (particularly Central London, including Southwark, require planning permission before allowing short term rents (holiday rents included I assume), and rarely grant it if you apply. Is this the case? The property would also invariably be leasehold - is it usual for this to also present problems for holiday lettings? Many thanks for your advice.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your message Nicola. I have been doing some more digging myself and have answered some of the question myself. I guess it would therefore be better to cancel the question. I take it you will not take my £11? Thanks.