12826847

Hi, thank you for being online to help. I am a Russian citizen

Customer Question

Hi, thank you for being online to help. I am a Russian citizen living in the UK since September 2008 until 28th of January 2012 as a student. From 28th of January 2012 until present day I am on a spousal visa that is valid until the 11th of January 2015. My 3 year wedding anniversary is on the 28th of January 2015. My husband and I have amicably and privatly separated and he will not obstruct my current visa. however he will not commit fraud and sign any future documents (fair enough). So question: I am obviously 17 days short on my visa until my 3 year wedding anniversary... do I still qualify for citizenship after 3 years of marriage? Is that myth? what are my options if I want to become a citizen and make my life in this country?
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

Are you divorced?