the reg of my car was not written down on my fixed penalty

Customer Question

the reg of my car was not written down on my fixed penalty notice, I had to tell the support officer on the desk. was speeding but question speed quoted by officer he sad 70? in a 40 zone. Distance from first notice to pull over about 300 yards. shall I dispute?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

When did this happen please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo c

Date of offence is Sunday 22/09/2013

Do you have any other points please?

Surely they didn't you a fixed penalty for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C
only expired points over ten years old and yes fixed penalty with £100 fine. Delivery driver using private car ,insurance only tpft no business. Let me off that but that's his decision. I do think that officer is trying it on as speed quoted seemed to be suggested rather than fact.

You take the roll of the dice with a situation like this.

It is frankly amazing that he offered you a fixed penalty given the speeds involved. If you accept the fixed penalty they might resile from it and summons you.

If you were stopped at scene then you would have given him your details so they could still trace you and summons you even if the index is wrong. You could contest the case on the basis that the incorrect index casts doubt upon the evidence of the officer but its always a good win when you succeed on that basis.

If this is a 70 mph in a 40 mph zone then you are at risk of a short ban of between 7 - 56 days or 6 points and a fine. Most likely you would be fined but you cannot ignore the risk.

Overall, I think I would probably take the fixed penalty but thats an issue of my risk management. If you are comfortable with a higher level of risk then refuse and see whether they summons you.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.