12826847

Hi I was married to my late husband for 23 years. I am disabled

Customer Question

I was married to my late husband for 23 years. I am disabled & we had intimidation from his first family (who were well catered for on his divorce from his first wife as she was -having the house, business, contents etc). I also had tumours in my throat which were removed just 2 months before his death. I instructed solicitors (to the tune of £30K) to challenge the Will which was done when he was in receipt of AA & Altzheimers- they took our joint monies whilst I was in hospital...& have taken over my house etc...I was so frightened & my dear husband cried in my arms stating that "they have got me to do something awful" -the familys lawyers are very high up as they are also in Planning & have construction business importing Eco lodges from Norway. I have 43 witnesses & we were sooo intimidated,especially by the son who tried moving my mains water, chopping trees down & putting anti-freeze out for my doggies. I am now in rented accomodation & had a severe stroke,but through it all ( I was SW Manager for the charity Arthritis Care for over 10 years) & covered 5 counties here in the SW. I was in intensive care for over 7.5 months & had 18 months of rehabilitation. I am determined to get justice for all people with Altzheimers & disabilities - I had a burgularly some 5 weeks ago where (& I know who it was) took all my paperwork & old hard drive from my computer-but the Police have closed the case without even interviewing her -it could only be her! I though have been sensible have everything backed up with friends & on USB...I have now run out of money. I have also a permanent caveat on the Will, although I know they have tried to get it off....can I go to the probate Court & ask for a Grant of Representations? or any suggestion, I would love to know. The solicitor who did the Will (when I was away at my fathers funeral & in hospital & can prove it all)also stated that I must not have anything to do with the funeral,although I know now that was incorrect,nor have I been able to get details/contact with the assistants who witnessed the Will-although is suspiciously in my ex -husbands name -they have stone-walled a handwriting expert etc...please can you advise? All the solicitors here are frightened of their solicitor who I know has "bought" the access to my property that meets the main road,as he tried to complete it just 3 days before death,but hospital refused him as my husband was too ill.
Can you please advise?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Do you have a specific question please?