tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

We have a shared access drive which leads in to our driveway

Customer Question

We have a shared access drive which leads in to our driveway and property.
Now my neighbour owns that land and we have legal right of way to our property and all who chose to visit us.
These neighbours own 3 Rotweillers and a Bull Mastiff of which the owner is very proud.
3 years ago we both (sets of neighbours) put our houses on the market. Theirs have had little interest and ours have had lots of viewings and an offer. They are totally different types of property. Our is a two acre 4 bedroomed house and theirs a small cottage with 2 bedrooms so no compertition with properties.
The problem is this neighbour seems jealous of the interest we are getting and has succeeded in intimidating most of the people who choose to come to our property The couple who wanted to buy our property parents came to look round and he confronted them In the shared access drive with threats that his dogs would tear them to pieces and pull their arm from their sockets if they came near their gate and proceeded to rubbish our house to them. Obviously they pulled out of the offer and while showing people around the other night he set the dogs on to the boundary fence and the snarling was so great our viewers thought they had a horse in the field.
My question is what can I do as nobody has been hurt but my health is suffering from the stress it is causing us as my husband and I do really need to move as we are getting old now. He's 73 and I am 62. One last thing nobody wants to make any formal signed complaints although our estate agent has it written down word for word as the people told them that day.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can give some information to you about this.