75100385

Hi, I was given a ticket for parking in Albert Sq - London

Customer Question

Hi, I was given a ticket for parking in Albert Sq - London sw8 where the bay had been suspended between 5th and 9th of September 2013 excluding week-ends. The ticket was issued on the 9th of September at 1.39 am. I have challenged the fine on the ground that week-ends in my area (you can even park on a one yellow line) start on a Friday at 5.30 pm up until Monday 8.30 am but it has been rejected.
the rejection says:
the vehicle was parked in allocation where the bay had been suspended
the PCN was issued on Monday the 9th of September 13 not on a Saturday or Sunday (no mentioning of the time when the PCN was issued).
http://parkingphotos.lambeth.gov.uk/output/optimised/img371820410.jpg?422721
I have 14 days to pay with a discount of 50% but I am not happy. Do you think I have chance to win? Many hanks in advance. Best regards Jacopo

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Do you have any evidence a weekend starts at 5.30pm and not 12.01am please? Ie Council policy document or anything?
Alex Watts : Do you have photos of signs that say weekend starts from 530pm please?
JACUSTOMER-aeerp4cq- :

Hi Alex,

JACUSTOMER-aeerp4cq- :

Please find attached the requested photos evidence

Alex Watts : Could you try and attach again please?