12826847

I am purchasing products from a company in Dehli. They require

Customer Question

I am purchasing products from a company in Dehli. They require some up front payment. How can I investigate the status of the company?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Are you proposing to pay by credit card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No by bank transfer

You are right to be sceptical. The truth is that there is no real reliable way of checking the status of a company based abroad.

In the UK you can do things like check with companies house but even that has its limitations as scammers do not generally advertise the fact that they are scammers.

What you can do is some Google searches to see what comes up against the company.

The only way, however, long-term to protect yourself in a situation like this is to pay by credit card because then you would have identical rights against the card provider if this does transpire to be a scam.

The practical reality is that it would be very costly and difficult to sue a company based abroad and in particular outside of the EU.

I'm very sorry but I can only give you honest advice.

Can I clarify anything for you,?