Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

my wife as payed £30,000 on her m w car now bmw say they

Customer Question

my wife as payed £30,000 on her b m w car now bmw say they have cor/order to take it back she is working and can them mornly
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Law Denning :

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Law Denning :

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have had the car for 4 years. As I said we have paid a total of £30,000 pounds on the finance agreement so far with only £4,000 outstanding. Last January BMW went to court and got an order to reposess the car if we didn't manage to renegotiate a monthly price. We did manage this but unfortunately because of some unforseen bills, we have failed to keep up to the agree repayments over the last few months. BMW have since phoned up and have refused to negotiate on the monthly repayments further and have stated their intention to reposess the car. My wife, whose name the car is under, is working and is now able to make the agreed repayments.

My question to you would be, having already paid £30,000 on the finance agreement is there any way we can contest the repossesion of the car?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

As there is only £4000 outstanding, and you can now pay that, why don't you pay it?

Why have you not just repaid the outstanding payments even if it is only on a monthly basis because you owe them anyway?

Can you bring the payments at least up to date?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have offered them £500 a month but they will not renegotiate as we have missed the last few months payments. We cannot give them the final £4000 but we can pay monthly repayments of £500. They will not accept that though.

We cannot bring the repayments up to date. But we can now continue with the £500 monthly repayments.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

What was the exact wording of the previous court order?

How much have you paid

/how many payments over how long have you paid since the last order?