12826847

I was involved in a car accident 2 years ago.I was given 6

Customer Question

I was involved in a car accident 2 years ago.I was given 6 points and a 1k fine. This week I received a claim from the motor insurers bureau for 6k. This has been awarded against me at a county court. As I was not at the address or expecting this claim I have not sought representation or even been in contact with the solicitors involved. I am strongly against accepting this claim.Please could you advise what steps i could/need to take
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends. 
On what basis do you want to appeal this?