12826847

We live in a Sheltered Housing accomodation, through a housing

Customer Question

We live in a Sheltered Housing accomodation, through a housing association, and we have ask them to provide us with the budget, and supporting information on our service charges. So far they have provided the budget but no supporting information.Are we allowed under the Landlord and Tenants Act 1985 to receive this information,and if we dont are we entittled to summons them to a county court to make them supply it?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

When did you make the request?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am waiting for a response

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, but this is not an instant service because we
are all solicitors in practice. We do not sit online 24/7. We all have clients
and court and other users on this site and travelling and weekends and evenings
etc. We are often on and offline all day every day. Sometimes therefore you
will get an answer in minutes and sometimes it is hours. The site does give the
impression that experts will answer in nanoseconds unfortunately, the site is
hosted in San Francisco and we are all based in the UK and we have no control
over site content.

When did you ask? Are they refusing or ignoring?

What info do you want exactly. Last years budget or last years actual?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When will I get an answer before I cancel this whole thing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Like what

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Already Tried:
As already stated in my first response

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I keep asking for more information which you haven't replied to

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not Satisfied

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I cannot answer you in a vacuum of facts and I keep asking for more information which you ignore.

I will therefore opt out for another expert

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

I see the expert has opted out. In terms of supporting information what is it you want? Do you rent or lease please?