75100385

Producing companys letterhead without permission

Customer Question

Producing company's letterhead without permission

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Could you explain the situation a little more please?
JACUSTOMER-fv6zbluy- : Somebody copied forged official letterheads of a housing estate company without approval of the board and managing agents as a layman it amounts to forgery and fraudulent
Alex Watts : Have you reported it to the Police? Do you know who the person doing it is please?
JACUSTOMER-fv6zbluy- : Not reported to the police we know the person
Alex Watts : You should report this to the Police. If the person is pretending to be the company then this could be fraud by false representation under the Fraud Act 2006. The Police can investigate and prosecute if there has been an offence committed.
Alex Watts : In any event you could issue a solciitor letter asking the person to stop doing this and if there have been any losses to the company set out what they are and ask for payment.
Alex Watts : If the person refuses to stop using the letterhead then you could apply to the court for an injunction stopping them from doing so. If they breach the injunction it is breach of a court order which means they could be warned, fined, sent to prison or a combination.