12826847

We bought an acer laptop from Tesco and it stopped working

Customer Question

We bought an acer laptop from Tesco and it stopped working 1 week after buying. We sent this back to Acer which was received on the 23rd may, at the time I was working in Spain and had to pay to send it back. I was told they would not return to spain without me paying so I enclosed an English address. When I returned on the 14th July we called Acer to find out why I had not heard anything. they told us it was being fixed and would be with us in 2 days. We gave them our new address, only to wait yet again as they lost it. They now say they have returned it to Spain , it has taken us till today to find out where in spain and to who. however as we dont live in spain we can not get it back. I obviously didnt sign for it in Spain as I live here. We are still been told that they will call us back and never do. What can we do about this.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
What is the value of the laptop? 
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What extra info do you need?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
How did they get the spanish address? What is it worth? Is it still in spain?
will the recipients send it back if you pay or someone pays? How much will that cost?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they got the Spanish address because I was there and I had to pay 35 euros to send back. The computer was 1 week old and cost £269,00. I have no idea were it is because I can not get in touch with who ever is now renting the house we were in. Why should we have to try to get in touch with the new tenants . It was delivered there on the 24th july and I have contacted the landlord and he knows nothing. It would cost approx 35 euros to get it sent back. They told me they would not send it to spain that is why I enclosed a uk address with the laptop, and when we called them on return to uk, we gave them our new address., they told us it was being posted for us to receive in 3 - 4 working days.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

In which case, why did you give them the Spanish address?

I get the impression that initially, you wanted it to go back to Spain

but they refused which is why you gave them the English address, so I am not certain what the problem is here with what they did, apart from the fact that in between, you moved

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no we were moving back so gave them a um address with the product and when we called to find out what was happening when we arrived back in uk as it was not at the address we gave them we gave them the new uk address and they were supost to send back to that address, They also let someone else sign for my laptop not a relative or friend . now it is missing

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry to be a pain in the backside and keep
coming back to you but I am wearing my judges had here coming up with a kind of
questions that a judge would ask if this ended up in the Small Claims Court .

Your initial information you said that they
wouldn't send it back to Spain .

If that is you now say, you are moving back to
the UK, why did that even come into the equation ?