12826847

Question on set aside. I have a set-aside hearing on 9 October.

Customer Question

Is it possible to delay this hearing and how would I go about doing so? The costs of such a delay bearing in mind claimant's costs are £1500.

Second. The reason why I want to delay is that I'm uncertain that I can get a a bundle of documents which I presented to the court and the claimant on 27 September accepted by the court. The claimant says in a witness statement "it does not respond to this new evidence as it was not provided at the time the Application was made, is late and "served" incorrectly, it says. It says further, "in any event the further evidence should not be allowed without the court's permission.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends. 
Why don't you have access to the bundle?