13262538

At an earlier County Court Hearing, the judges notes ordered

Customer Question

At an earlier County Court Hearing, the judges notes ordered 'Simultaneous exchange of the statement of witnesses of fact no later than 21 days before the trial'. It also stes the judge will decline to read any statement not filed with the court and served on the opposing party withing the limit. They unlikely to permit evidence on any matter not in the statements.
I alter got a letter giving the date for the trial. It stated 'all documents and bundles for the final Hearing should be filed 1 week prior to the hearing'.
I took this to mean that this included the statement. I think my former partner thought the same because she has filed with the Court but has not sent my copy yet. Their are 20 days to the trial. I assume I could do a statement tonight if I knew exactly what it was. But I'm not sure if it really should be 1 week before or the original 3 weeks before the trial. I assume even though my ex has filed with the court but not with me, she will be in the same boat. Can you advise
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

What is the case regarding please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Contact Order - currently about to be heard at Oxford Magistrates court on 28th Oct

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you also tell me what I'm paying here. I put my credit card details and clicked the link for a free trial. The top of one page says £33 the top of another says £43 after free trial?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.
You have confused two different matters.
There is a Specific Order for the Filing and exchange of the Witness Statements at least 21 days prior to the trial.
The bundle is a separate issue and should include the statements and needs to be at court the week before the trial.
You MUST do your statement immediately and get it to the court for sealing tomorrow.
You should apologise for the delay and explain your confusion.
You must then write to your ex and tell her that you are ready to exchange Statements
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need more details
I shall ask Customer Services to deal with the cost issue