75100385

HELLLO I BOUGHT A RISER RECLINER FROM BETTERWERE ONLINE, SINCE

Customer Question

HELLLO I BOUGHT A RISER RECLINER FROM BETTERWERE ONLINE, SINCE I HAVE HAD THE CHAIR THE STICHING ON THE SEAT HAS COME LOOSE, ALLOWING THE LEATHER TO ROLL THE CHAIR IS ONLY ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD BUT LOOKS REALLY BAD, AND IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE TO SPEND ALL DAY IN LIKE I HAVE TOO. I HAVE COMPLAINED TO BETTERWEAR ON NUMEROUS OCCATIONS BUT TO NO AVAIL.THEY PUT THE MANUFACTORERS ON THE PHONE TO ME AND I WAS TOLD SOMETHING WOULD BE DONE NOTHING HAS BEEN. AND ON MY LAST PHONE CALL WAS TOLD THAT THE MANUFACORERS ARE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING!!! CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?? MRS ROSE KELLY

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Does it have a warranty and how did you may for it please?

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

NO WRENTY AND PAID FOR BY CASH

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to take CAPS off it makes it easier to read!

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

sorry

Alex Watts :

What do you need to do is this - get a cost for repairing it, given it has been 6 months you will not be able to claim a refund, but cost of putting it right.

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

and if hey efuse i pay?

Alex Watts :

Once you have a number of quotes (I suggest 3) then you should write to the Company and ask them to cover this cost including the quotes in your letter, otherwise say if they do not within 14 days then say you will go to Court. You should send this letter recorded delivery and keep a copy making sure you send it recorded delivery.

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can issue a county court claim which you can do either online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and submitting it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue the claim and send it to the other side, who will have a limited time to defend the claim.

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

ok

Alex Watts :

If they do not then Judgment can be entered and you can enforce it. If they do contest it then it will be set down for a hearing.

Alex Watts :

However assuming the value is less than £10,000 then it will be a small claim (this is where the quotes come in) and you will not need legal representation.

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

i canot go to court i am diabled

Alex Watts :

The Goods according to the Sale of Goods Act 1979 must be: fit for purpose, as described and of suitable quality.

Alex Watts :

It may not even get that far but this is what you need to do to progress matters.

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

right

Alex Watts :

Or you might wish to contact Trading Standards http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

JACUSTOMER-ae9p5pgq- :

thanj=k you

Alex Watts :

You can find your local one there

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, which I hope has been excellent, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

Alex Watts :

You have rated me bad service? A

Alex Watts :

Is there anything else you need to know or was that a mistake?

Alex Watts :

Are you there?

Alex Watts :

Please come back to me as you have given me a bad rating but I do not understand why and want to try and resolve this.

Alex Watts : Are you able to respond so I can change your rating?
Alex Watts : Are you there?
Alex Watts :

Are you able to respond?

Is there anything else I can do for you?