Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

If I take a firm to Court to recover money that I was made

Customer Question

If I take a firm to Court to recover money that I was made to pay because of that Solicitors Professional Negligence can you tell me if it was started in the County Court can the firm I am acting against get the case removed from say the Portsmouth Court. Does it make any difference if the sum is £10,000 or say £22,000. If I lose the case aside from paying Court costs can I be made to pay the defendants costs a. if the in case in in the small debts Court and b. if it was in a Higher Court? If the defendant loses the case do I recover all my legal costs if he choses to settle out of Court and can this include a solicitors legal fees even if all he did was give me guidance?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

Could you clarify if you have yet commenced proceedings please? Were you advised as a business client by the firm or personally?

JACUSTOMER-45283ahj- :

No I have not issued proceeding. I am a private individual and not a business.Perhaps you can tell me if I bought a property abroad and most of the things promised like two bathroom were left as one bathroom and many things were left out like cetrral hearing,, no steam room or sauna or gym

JACUSTOMER-45283ahj- :

No I have not. started proceedings. I am a private individual not a business. I await your advice but a live chat would be helpful so you have some idea of my problem. Your system should know that the existing client you have as my email address is one I have always used and is correct

Joshua :

Sorry for the delay in reverting to you. I have been attending clients this afternoon. I should be around for most of the restof the afternoon now.

Joshua :

Thank you dor the above. I note you refer to a property being bought abroad. Is this a separate matter or is this the issue you were advised upon by the firm you wish to sue? Is the firm in question a UK regulated firm of solicitors?

JACUSTOMER-45283ahj- :

I wish to withdraw my first question as you took so long to asnwer I had to get a book from the County Court which gave me the answers. However, Can you explain if I buy a property abroad using a UK agent and he lies about everything and even lies about the start date by 3 months and although a gym, sauna, ski booot and ski wardrobe and steam room and an extra second bathroom but on completion none of these are provided ( just one shower room) and what was offered as central heating turns bout to be electric radiators have I a case for rescission of the contract. The Developer said it startred in Sept09 and the Agent said December09 but the Agent had deliberately lied about everything and as a result I was made to pay a deposit of 30% to cover the foundations and than another 20 % because the truth is that before I had even read or signed the contract it was heading for the second floor and I was forced to find 50 % of the ageed full purchase price because I was tricked in to buying based on deliberate lies

Joshua :

Thanks for your post. According to the above I responded to you within an hour of your post. I believed I had been waiting to hear back from you since the 10th. I am sorry if you have experienced any difficulties. I believe there is a further dimension to your professional negligence claim that would be worth exploring though if you are willing?

JACUSTOMER-45283ahj- :

I have not come across the answer and assumed it would be by email but as so much time has passed without finding your answer I solved the problems myself. I wish to ask another but see no reason why I should pay when I have yet to find the answer to my first question. I am new to your methods so do not see why I should be charged if I have not found the answer but as I got it by going to the Court I wish to answer a new question. I did not know I had to look for the answer by going back to your web site. F Cameron

Joshua :

I am so sorry if you have experienced difficulties with the service. I will be very happy to assist with your second question without further charge. With your permission though may I also make some comments on your first question (without additional charge?)

Joshua :

I note you have gone offline. I hope you are not continuing to experience difficulties. If you would like me to ask customer services to assist you in any way please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you further.