13262538

How do you stop a parent from contacting their child when the

Customer Question

How do you stop a parent from contacting their child when the parent is a bully
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and what has the parent done that gives you cause for concern
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the child who has a parent that i don't want contacting me anymore. I'd like to break all contact with my father as i've had enough of his bullying ways.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The child is an adult 40+

What contact are you having with your father?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only email contact at the moment. There are some issues with money in the form of loans which i accept that i have from him and probably need to be paid back first but after that is completed i want all contact to stop.

I'd like to know if there is a legal way to do this ?

There is no legal route as such.
You simply inform him that you do not wish to have any further contact other than via solicitors regarding the loans and if he contacts you further you report it to the police as harassment
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for the answer - i thought that would probably be the case.

What actually happens if i report him to the police for harassment ? Its unlikely he would stop contacting me initially, he would probably just try to use emotional blackmail to make out i'm incredibly ungrateful for all the things he's done for me in life, i'm disloyal, disrespectful etc etc etc.

Provided you have not responded to his attempts at contact the police will give him a warning.
Obviously it will help if you block his email and number from your computer and phone