I invested in a rare earth metals scenario. A company called

Customer Question

I invested in a rare earth metals scenario. A company called West-Pier in London sold me the investment and the agreement is with a company called Denver Trading.
The latter is currently under investigation. However I cannot get a response FROM EITHER COMPANY.
What recourse do I have here. Amount Invested £3129
and oblige
Hugh Wheelan
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

What are the company being investigated for please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Denvers Stock is under restraint from the court. The prosecution team is the CPSI. I do not know how this is progressing and cant get any reply from

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Thought I'd responded. Here is my response again:

Denver is under investigation by a CPSI prosecution team.All Denver stock is under restraint by the court and cannot be sold. I cannot get any info on how this investigation is going

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I cannot tell you whether these are good companies, bad companies or in different companies..

We are obviously not a credit investigation agency.

However if you have heard nothing and you think something is amiss, you are faced with issuing Small Claims Court proceedings to get your money back however if this is indeed either a scam or they are under investigation, I think the chances of you getting any money back are remote .

I'm going to opt out in case another expert has any ideas

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

I see the expert has opted out - what else would you like to know?