75100385

my disabled brother moved in with my mother when she became

Customer Question

my disabled brother moved in with my mother when she became ill. he had split from his wife of several years and was the only member of the family who could move in with her. he had his name on the council housing list for a sheltered flat, the council don't do sheltered accommodation any more, but he stayed on the list for a ground floor flat. He kept the council informed of everything that was happening. Now that my mother has passed away, he requires his own living acc. he needs it where he has lived all of his life and where his family and friends are, because it won't be long now before he needs the help and support of those said family and friends. on my mothers death he informed the council and ask if now he could be housed, only to be told that he wasn't that councils responsibility any more and he should go to the council where my mother lived.this council is a long way from his home town and his doctor. HIS DOCTOR HAS WRITTEN A LETTER TO THE COUNCIL TELLING THEM THAT HE WILL NEED FAMILY AND FRIENDS AROUND him to help him in the future. he has the doctors letter and two proofs of income, both being disability payments. what do you suggest he does next to secure his home where he wants and needs it.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

When did your brother move in with your mother please?