12826847

Seventeen years ago I took out a whole of life plan policy

Customer Question

Seventeen years ago I took out a whole of life plan policy I stipulated to the agent that the policy I required was when I died my children would have money to bury me and divide the rest between them. I found out now that the Scottish widows agent sold me a term assurance policy which ends when I am 75 years old. This was not to my instructions. Please could you instruct me to my next move. Ms Margaret XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Did you sign anything stating it was to end at 75 years of age?