12826847

Hi my wife and I are to seperate I need to be clear if I move

Customer Question

Hi my wife and I are to seperate I need to be clear if I move out the mortgage property where we live with our daughter and my stepson I need to know what I am intitaled too or do I have to remain put, as she has or is currently havin a affair and has called time on our relationship,

However she works part time and can not afford to stay and also not buy me out what do I do?

Jamie Rock
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

How much equity is in the house? Who pays the mortgage repayments?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Joint mortgage house is worth about 190.000approx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mortgage paid by both income/about 90.000 equity

Thank you for your question
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
How old are the children and how much does a three bedroom property in the same general area cost
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Iam on around 27000 and she is 13000 I have around 8000 in cards and she has 2 and its worth about 190000 and the children are 8 &13

Ho wmuch is a three bedroom property in the same general area going to cost her if she moves?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

175000 there is no way she can afford it!!! I just need to know if I leave wat will I be entitled too or do I have to stay in the home!

How long have you lived together?