12826847

I went into Barclays Bank in High Wycombe on a Saturday recently,

Customer Question

I went into Barclays Bank in High Wycombe on a Saturday recently, Because my branch does not open then. I needed a Direct Debit magazine sub. cancelled- but the teller pressed the wrong button and cancelled about 24- all of them. She assured me they were all back again---- but they were not. I am 81 and dont know how to do this. I am getting irate letters,penalties and worry my health ins etc will be cancelled. I don't have any relatives or friends now and have several other things need attention. How can I get help.?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
how many did she not reinstate?
have you actually asked the bank to reinstate the ones that were cancelled in error?
what actually is the problem with reinstating them?
usually, if somebody writes to you, they will do it after one payment is missed and you could reinstate them one at a time over the telephone.
I'm not altogether certain (apart from the bank having made a cock up which I will come back to shortly) what the problem is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 24.The problem is my age and memory. I cannot remember the addresses of some D Debits I need someone to help but dont know where to look! The bank say they cannot help-but they must have records of past payments.I have found several just in time before penalties -such as Council Tax. think I need someone local to me to help?l

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Has the bank accepted that they did wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other
I also have gone into Barclays in High Wycombe and had all my Direct debits cancelled. They said they could not recover them and at over 80 I was left to find details and addresses and had an avalanche of letters about the loss.If you miss one payment of council tax they demand all payments at once.Esther W!
e of letters from firms and charit
my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What else is it you would like to know?