75100385

Proposals for moving forward with AABPS I am writing in response

Customer Question

Proposals for moving forward with AABPS
I am writing in response to your letter of 14 November and following further correspondence
with yourself and Mr Ogundijo. We have taken time to consider your request that the Direction,
which we placed on the Accrediting and Assessment Bureau for Post-Secondary Schools
(AABPS), preventing the registration of learners or the awarding of qualifications, is lifted. I can
confirm that we have reviewed the extensive evidence which you have provided to date and
acknowledge the work that you have undertaken to review your policies and procedures.
Although we are still concerned that you may not be fully compliant with the Conditions, we
have concluded that it would now be appropriate to allow you to implement these policies and
procedures and to demonstrate their efficacy and suitability.
As such, we have decided that we could proceed to revoke the Direction currently in place and
allow you, with some checks, to award qualifications to your current students when they
complete their qualifications and to register new students. These checks would not prevent
you from operating but would provide us with assurance about your operation and evidence of
your compliance.
We propose that these checks will be in the form of Special Conditions. These will enable
you to demonstrate that; your policies are effective, appropriate standards are achieved prior
to the awarding of any certificates and appropriate systems have been developed for the
registration of learners:
1. Assessment and awarding of registered learners: Special Condition H7
2. Requirements for regulated qualifications Special Condition D5.3
3. Implementation of revised and new policies procedures and processes that support
the development delivery and award of all new AABPS qualifications Special
Condition A9
4. Registration of new learners Special Condition G5.2
Ofqual will engage with AABPS to monitor this activity through a structured process providing
appropriate and timely feedback (outlined in the attached document ’How Ofqual will work with
AABPS’). It is proposed that these Special Conditions will be reviewed within 3 months from
the date of issue.

Please advice me if the promise made in paragraph 2 of the above information is an absolute promise or not

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : What is the context of this please?
JACUSTOMER-8pbx42eu- :

are you on the line

Alex Watts : I am but on the train. So, I appear on and offline