12826847

Insurers said that we should pursue claim under section 75.

Customer Question

Insurers said that we should pursue claim under section 75. We applied to credit company to supply the missing and damaged goods and repair poor work. We in turn received paperwork of what should have been supplied and were then told that the original transaction was "fraud on card", " offence under data protection" and now "theft". We wereadvised to go to police and an incident number was issued same day. We were advise to go to Trading Standards who got no joy from credit company. We are not going to get anything under Section 75 and need confirmation that we are right to pursue indemity under house insurance.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not had an answer so far.

Can I claim for fraud on my house insurance as I had no contract with anyone? The company replacing my old kitchen used my credit card to purchase from manufacturer kitchen units and white goods. I had no guarantees and the goods fitted were not as despatched by supplier. We did not sign fot anything. Just paid. Insurers do not acknowledge my letters.

How did they get your credit card details?